A May 22, 2021, publication in the Dailies announce that the Ghana Armed Forces have officially opened the recruitment process to enlist new personnel into the service.
People Eligible To Apply To The Ghana Armed Forces:
- Eligible applicant must
- Be a Ghanaians citizen by birth
- Be of good character
- Be not less than 18 years of age and not more than 25 years for Non-Tradesmen and not more than 27 for Tradesmen by December 30, 2021.
- Be medically fit by Armed Forces standards
- Be not married
- Be not bonded
- Be of minimum height of 1.68mm (5’6″) for males and 1.57mm (5’2″) for females. For Military Police only; be of minimum height of 1.75mm (5’9″) for males and 1.70mm (5’7″) for females.
- Have six (6) credits (not less than Grade 6) at BECE including English and Mathematics.
- Have six passes (Not below Grade D7 for Army candidates in English and Mathematics and other 4 passes and Grade C6 for Navy and Air Force in all subjects) at WASSCE, or the requisite credits/passes in respective trade qualifications from GEC at Intermediate of advanced Level
How To Apply To Ghana Armed Forces 2021
To join the Ghana Armed Forces as Recruit, acquire a scratch card at GH¢200 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis Only) through USSD code 447160# or from the designated Post Offices in all the 10 regions of Ghana, especially in the regional capitals.
Scratch gently to reveal the PIN code. The scratch card can be used three times until a record is submitted.
Log on to the recruitment portal @ https:gafrecruitment.mil.gh with any of the following browsers (a) Google Chrome (b) Mozilla Firefox
Read through the entry requirements thoroughly
Ensure your mobile phone’s Cell Broadcast Message is turned on. This can be done by going through the following steps on your phone: (a) Go to Messages (b) Select Message settings (c) Find “Cell broadcast/Broadcast message/CB activation/Advertisement” depending on the brand of your mobile phone (d) select activation “ON” (E) Set all channels to “receive”
Click on the APPLY NOW tab to open the applicant authentication page
- Enter Your card serial number, PIN code, and select your preferred arm of service, type of qualification (i.e: Tradesman or Non-Trade-man) and click next.
- Enter your details and take note of the following from pages 1 to 3
- Page 1: Select your desired vacancy and preferred regional screening centre for physical examination from the venues listed below:
- Western region – Sekondi, Gyandu Park
- Central Region. – Cape Coast, Sports Stadium
- Greater Accra. – Accra, El-Wak Sports Stadium
- Eastern region. – Koforidua Sports Stadium
- Volta region – Ho, Sports Stadium
- Ashanti Region. – Udarra Barracks
- Brong Ahfo Region. – Sunyani, Coronation Park
- Northern Region. – Tamale, Sports Stadium
- Upper East Region. – Bolga, Sports Stadium
- UpperWest region. – Wa, Sports Stadium
- Page 2: Upload a scanned copy of your passport-size photograph of dimension (200 x 180 pixels), enter a valid email address, personal mobile phone number in the format (233244124356).
- Page 3: Enter results of WASSE/SSCE and BECE, including two required CORE subjects on your certificate that is; CORE MATHEMATICS AND CORE ENGLISH. Enter your WASSCE Index Number, WASSCE Result Slip serial number and BECE index number. Upload only scanned copies of the following: WASSCE or TRADE CERTIFICATE. NB: Each scanned document to be uploaded shall not exceed 1 (one megabyte) and should be in JPEG picture format only.
- Click the Preview button to see a summary page of all data provided. Read through this page carefully and click on the back button if they are any modifications to be made
- Click on the SUBMIT button and expect an instant email or text message, which includes your Unique System-Generated Identification Number.
- Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it if you are shortlisted. However, if you lose your copy of the report, go back to the recruitment portal, click on the check details tab, enter your unique Identification Number sent to you via email or SMS and order a reprint
Closing Date for Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment 2021/2022: The closing date for the online application process is June 5, 2021.
For Special Requirements into the Ghana Armed Forces, Check out the Documents Below